- When a student commences a course they are expected to complete that course as stipulated by the school. DSM shall not be liable to refund the fees to any student(s) in whole or part thereof, under any circumstances. This is a standard no refund policy applicable to all students of DSM. Fees once paid are not returnable/refundable or transferable.
- However, in cases where a student is unable to join/complete a course due to exceptional circumstances and wishes to withdraw from the program, the request will be considered only after carefully reviewing the entire situation. The school may also order an inquiry to understand the gravity of the situation. In such a case, a student will be asked to submit required documents or be available to further discuss the situation whenever the school requires them to. The decision in such cases will only be taken after proper inquiry and after considering all the possibilities by the school council. The school’s decision will be final in such cases.
- [An exceptional circumstance could be a serious accident, injury, or critical illness requiring long-term medical care or any grave situation where it becomes difficult for the student to attend the course.]
FORFEITURE OF FEES:
A. In the Case of Withdrawal, Dismissal, or Expulsion
In the case of withdrawal from the school, no refunds will be made in the following cases:
- Student decides to withdraw or leave early from their course program
- Student is suspended from the course due to poor attendance or poor academic progress
- Student breaches the code of conduct resulting in the expulsion
- Under no circumstances, any part of the fees paid by the student will be refunded to them.
- There will be no transfer of fees to any other course/workshops/programs conducted by DSM nor will it be carried forward to the next year.
- Fee payment deadlines as decided by the school will be final. A grace period of 5 days will be given to the students who miss the payment deadline. Students are liable to pay the penalty for missing the grace period. Failing to do so will lead to suspension of classes until the required documents and fees are submitted to the school.
B. For Scholarship Students (Repayment of any Scholarships in the Case of Dismissal or Withdrawal)
If you are a student who is benefitted from a scholarship offered by DSM or by any of our patrons, and for any reason whatsoever you are required to withdraw from the program, you will have to immediately refund the entire scholarship amount to the DSM/ the Patron / the funder.
C. Short Workshops and Short Programmes
- Student enrolment in the short workshops / short programmes offered by DSM, shall be subject to receipt of complete fees prior to the official commencement date of such short workshops / short programmes.
- Post registration, if any Student wishes to withdraw from the workshop, in such a case, Student can’t claim fee refund under any circumstances.
- In exceptional circumstances (as listed above) the fees can be transferred to or adjusted in any other workshop or course.
PROCESS OF WITHDRAWAL (In Exceptional Circumstances)
- Any Student considering withdrawal from any of the courses offered by Drama School Mumbai (“DSM”) must provide a prior written notice of one month (30) days to DSM, to convey the intention that he/she wishes to withdraw the admission (“Notice of Withdrawal”).
- The Notice of Withdrawal must be submitted to the Executive Head or any other authorised person of DSM, in person, to constitute a valid Notice of Withdrawal. Any notices submitted through other modes of intimations, including verbal and/or electronic shall not be considered a valid Notice of Withdrawal, unless otherwise specified by DSM.
- Upon receipt of the Notice of Withdrawal, the Executive Head of School and/or any other authorized personnel of DSM shall meet the student as soon as possible to discuss the reason for the student’s withdrawal and prepare a written summary and acceptance of the Notice of Withdrawal based on the discussion. A copy shall be given to the student, and the original will be placed in the Student File.
- The Notice of Withdrawal shall be considered as acknowledged only when DSM provides written receipt/acknowledgement of the same and DSM will not release Student’s testimonial i.e. Course Certificate (applicability shall be basis the sole discretion of DSM), subject to DSM has received the following from the Student:
- Clearance of outstanding payments (if any), including any pending instalment(s) payable towards the course Fees which shall be paid by the Student within seven (7) working days from the submission of Notice of Withdrawal.
- Any Material provided to the student by DSM, whether as part of the course or otherwise; “Material” shall mean and include any course material including but not limited to books, study material, and any other resources belonging to DSM. should be returned to the school within 7 working days.
Under certain circumstances, if the school decides to cancel/postpone the course, students will be notified about cancellations or postponements as soon as possible.
FORFEITURE OF FEES IN CASES OF CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENTS
FORCE MAJEURE CLAUSE :
The Parties agree that DSM shall not be liable or responsible for the non-performance of any of their obligations under the Agreement for any reasons of Force Majeure Events. For the purpose of this Agreement “Force Majeure Events” shall mean and include without limitation to fire, earthquake, flood, epidemic, pandemic, including COVID, lockdown, strike, lockout, labour controversy, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, war, civil commotion, acts of God, acts of political parties, acts of industry associations, changes in law, regulations or policies of the Government and/or for any other reasons which cannot be predicted by men of ordinary prudence and beyond the control of DSM hereunder. DSM shall notify the Student in writing of the nature of the Force Majeure Event and the expected delay.
In the event of any Force Majeure Event, DSM may suspend the classes/courses mentioned herein by giving any intimation to the Student in writing (emails permitted). Upon the cessation of such suspension as may be determined by DSM, the Student shall have a period of 1 (one) year to complete the classes and/or courses with DSM. It is expressly clarified that under no circumstances will the fees paid by the Student be refunded by DSM and in the event the student is not able to complete the classes/courses within a period 1 (one) year from the date cessation of suspension of the Force Majeure Event, the Student shall have the option to complete the classes/course at an additional fee and the amount shall be intimated by DSM at that point to the Student. Upon such cessation of suspension, the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall continue to be applicable.
BREAKING YOUR COMMITMENT TO THE DSM IN ANY WAY:
If after taking a seat and committing to attending the course you pull out for any reason before the commencement of the course, and if we are unable to fill your seat your fees will be forfeited. We will not refund any part of your fees.
If you have been asked to discontinue the course, at any time after commencement of the course, your fees will be forfeited; there will not be a refund of any part of the fees paid by you.