Kudiyattam Drumming: a Masterclass by Rajeev Kalamandalam
Dates: 15th – 17th November
Time: 8am – 1pm
Fees: Rs. 6,000/-
Venue: Bhalerao Auditorium, Mumbai Marathi Sahitya Sangh, Girgaon, Charni Road East, Mumbai.
About the Instructor:
A graduate of Kerala Kalamandalam, the leading performing arts school in Kerala, Rajeev has studied under eminent gurus Padmasree P.K. Narayanan Nambiar and Kalamandalam Eswaranunni. He has travelled extensively inside India and abroad as a mizhavu player for master performers like Padmabhushan (late) Guru Ammannur Madhava Chakyar, Guru Venu G., Kalamandalam Rama Chakyar, and Ammannur Kuttan Chakyar among others. He currently works as senior mizhavu staff artiste at the Ammannur Chachuchakyar Smaraka Gurukulam in Irinjalakuda, Kerala. He has taught Kudiyattam drumming across India, including the National School of Drama, in Sweden, and is guest faculty at ITI Singapore. He was a recipient of the Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar 2011 award from the Sangeet Natak Akademi.
- Understanding and learning Kudiyattam drumming techniques and rhythms
- Developing a range of rhythmic patterns to work with within a performance
- Building an intuitive sense of rhythm within the actor
- Exploring the relationship between rhythm and performance
- Strengthening characterisations using rhythmic exercises.
Send in a cover letter stating why you would like to be a part of this workshop along with an updated CV to email@example.com