Foundation Skills in Acting Workshop With Amba-Suhasini K Jhala
About the Facilitator:
Amba completed her Two-Year Classical Acting Course from LAMDA (The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art) in 2009. She is currently the Artistic Director and co-founder of the theatre company Guild of the Goat.
For close to a decade now Amba has been conducting highly successful workshops for both adults and children, including for the MFA and BFA programs at the University of Illinois theatre department. Her recent work includes a three-week-long run in Chicago for ‘The Raveling’ devised with Walkabout Theatre, with whom she has been working regularly in the US over the last 4 years.
Amba continues her overseas collaborations in the UK and US and has been involved in theatre and acting for the last 17 years with working experience in the different mediums of the performing arts i.e film, television, theatre, scriptwriting and radio.
- Unlearn habits of the human body and voice which block truthfulness in acting and performing.
- Explore nonverbal communication and story-telling through the physical body
- Connect image, intention, and emotion to breath and sound.
- Develop clarity in the voice
- Apply these to find endless possibilities making work with others.
Date: 20th to 24th January 2020
Time: 6.30 pm to 9.30 pm
Fees: Rs. 6500
Please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org