Unrehearsed Futures – Conversations in Theatre Pedagogy
Unrehearsed Futures is a series of public conversations between heads of drama schools and leading performance trainers from across the globe to discuss and address the new realities of teaching drama. These discussions look at pedagogical approaches to teaching in the absence of presence, the benefits and challenges of alternative technologies, formats and mediums as well as planning long-term learning journeys against an uncertain future.
- Initiate a global conversation on drama pedagogy
- Enable and nurture meaningful exchange between drama practitioners, teachers and students from various drama schools across various countries
- Create a unified dialogue about global best practices and emerging trends in drama pedagogy and theatre training
- Give traditional perspectives a global platform and promote cross-cultural syncretism
- Document divergent and convergent thought and present them in an accessible format for wider use through an online journal and other forms of downloadable content
The first series was initiated and moderated by the Drama School Mumbai, and set the stage for questions faced by drama schools and the teachers and students of theatre.
In October 2020, the Drama School Mumbai collaborated with Embodied Poetics, for a second series titled: Response-ability: Theatre Pedagogy in Changing Times. Curated and moderated by Amy Russell, Founder & Director at Embodied Poetics, the conversations hoped to deepen the dialogue on themes and trends that have emerged in the past few months, with keynote speakers bringing in their diverse approaches to working in theatre and performance during the pandemic.